9.01.2015

Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps

I was recently searching Pinterest for some new clean recipes since I've burned us out on grilled chicken and veggies. I came across this one and snapped a screen shot on my phone and put it in my recipe folder. It was a huge hit at our house, and with the response I got from my insta-pic of this delicious dinner I decided to share here. I'm not certain where the original pin came from but the actual recipe I followed was slightly different. I always like to add my own twist to things and can never fully follow a recipe verbatim. We had this meat mixture as lettuce wraps in butter lettuce and also over the top of brown rice. It was tasty both ways, and it will be making an appearance on our menu again.


Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps

ingredients
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
1 package broccoli slaw
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp garlic salt
1 head butter lettuce
reduced sodium soy sauce to taste

instructions
1. In a skillet brown turkey until cooked through.
2. Once turkey is cooked; add broccoli slaw, chopped onion, 
and teriyaki sauce to skillet. Place lid on top of mixture 
and let simmer (occasionally stirring) until broccoli slaw and 
onion are soft and tender.                                       
3. Serve in butter lettuce or over the top of rice. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment