Growing up in Oklahoma, you're usually either an OU Sooner or an OSU Cowboy. Since OU is my Alma Mater, it seems completely accurate that we bleed crimson in our house. We are Sooner Born and Sooner Bred.
With the tragic accident that occurred earlier today in Stillwater and that made national news, we're standing with the Cowboys today. My heart is broken for all of those involved in the accident, including the suspect. To think that a poor decision at 25 years old will now haunt her as long as she lives. I do not judge her, as we've all made a poor decision or two. To the victims and their families, we lift them up in our prayers. We pray for healing, peace, and comfort to all of those affected today and the days ahead. What should have been a fun filled day of homecoming activities, turned in to a day of living hell for some. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them all.
To anyone reading this post, I ask you to please vow to never get behind the wheel of a vehicle after drinking. To think this tragic and horrific day for so many could have been prevented by a simple decision makes this sickening to me. I know many people who always think they're fine to drive, and I'm sure that's what this woman thought as well. I'm often harassed by friends for not having a good time because 90% of the time my husband and I go out I am the DD. I have no problem sipping on water for the evening as long as I know we have a safe and sober ride home. So the next time you think you're "okay" to drive, please take a moment and think about what life would be like if you caused an accident that took the lives of 3 people. No one wants to live with that guilt; so call a friend, family member, co-worker, or an uber to get you home safe.
Today, we stand united with the Cowboys. May the days and weeks ahead bring about healing for all.

No comments:
Post a Comment