12.03.2015

October + November Wrap-Up.

Oh Holy Night, I cannot believe it's already December! In just a few weeks we'll be ringing in another new year and then I will have a TWO YEAR OLD! Time please slow down! Anyways... I know it's been a little quiet here on the blog lately. I apologize, but sometimes life just gets busy and this little place that I do love gets put on the back burner. I could've sworn it was just time for me to write an October post, and then I blinked and I needed to write a November one too so this time I'm just combining the two months together! Fall is always a busy time of the year for us.

We started October off with a big celebration! Clete's younger brother got married, and we spent the weekend celebrating him and his bride. We wish Thomas & Kelsey many years of happiness together!

The following weekend we purchased a new truck for Clete, it was LONG overdue! He'd been shopping around for quite a few weeks, and he finally decided on a F-150. Mac had his first experience at the car dealership too, and we think he helped get us a good deal! ;)

The 3rd weekend in October was an eventful one. The weekend started off as a normal one, but ended on a not so fun note. Our family came for the day and we went on our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. Later that evening Mac's fever spiked and we ended up spending half the night in the ER. We are so thankful all is well, and it wasn't anything too serious.

Thankfully, Mac was all well by Halloween. Our little dragon had a ball trick or treating with friends! He got lots of candy, and was so much fun to watch this year. He didn't quite have down "trick or treat" but he always said "tank you" when he got candy in his bucket.

We kicked off November by doing our annual fall family pictures. It was very difficult getting an 18 month old to cooperate and smile for them, but Kate did an awesome job and we have some great pics! There will be a post coming on those very soon.

The following weekend we had our cousin Turner's 4th birthday party at Main Event. Mac had a blast playing games, and Daddy did too!

Mac took his first trip to Seminole Children's Museum with his Queenie & Poppie. Growing up, the children's museum was somewhere I LOVED going with my Aunt Lessa and I'm so glad Mac enjoyed it too. He played his heart out, and I loved getting all the pictures from my mom of him. I know my parents enjoyed it too. I see many more trips to be made there in the future!

Clete and I went to the OU/TCU game, and my parents came and stayed with Mac. We had a fun day date in Norman, and loved cheering the Sooners on to a victory!

We put up our Christmas tree the weekend before Thanksgiving, which has always been a tradition because we're usually out of town Thanksgiving weekend. Mac loves all of the lights and "balls" so it's been interesting trying to keep him out of the tree!

Thanksgiving weekend we spent in Tulsa at my parent's house. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and loved all of the Queenie and Poppie time we got! We gobbled, shopped, played, cheered on the Sooners to a bedlam and Big XII victory, and relaxed. We have so much to be thankful for!

October and November were both fun filled, crazy busy months! And that's a wrap until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment