8.26.2014

Tasty Tuesday | Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

This recipe I came up with when I was in one of my cooking ruts. I was looking for new food finds, and discovered frontera green chile enchilada sauce at my local grocery store. I decided to give it a try, and whipped up this recipe. We now enjoy these enchiladas often at our house. If your family likes food with Mexican flair as much as mine, I think this recipe will be a winner!
ingredients
1 cup shredded chicken breast, cooked
 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 can diced green chiles
6 tortillas, corn or flour

instructions
1. Mix together green chiles and shredded chicken.
2. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and cheese.
3. Roll into enchiladas and place in a 8x8 baking dish.
4. Preheat oven to 350*.
5. Top enchiladas with green chile sauce and remaining cheese.
6. Bake enchiladas for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
7. Let cool, and serve with your favorite Mexican side dishes.
8. ENJOY!
I usually bake two chicken breasts and shred them for the filling, and I always use reduced fat cheese. However, canned or rotisserie chicken will also work. I've found the Fontera green chile enchilada sauce at super Target and my local grocery store, so I'm sure it can be found at most grocery stores. We also usually top with light sour cream. 

Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment