Today I'm starting a new series on the blog, Tasty Tuesday. I'll be sharing a recipe every week with you all! I do enjoy cooking
sometimes, and if you're like me then you're always looking for new dishes to try. These recipes will be family favorites, or something new I've come across. When it comes to cooking I do things simple, quick, and easy! Bon appetit!
If you know our family, it's no secret that we love food with Mexican flair! This recipe I got from my sister, Katie. She brought this salsa to the lake over Memorial Day weekend and we've been hooked ever since! I made a few minor tweaks to the recipe, and I've been making a batch every week for us to have at home. It not only goes with tortilla chips, but also is great on a taco salad or in a burrito bowl. It's simple, easy, and very tasty! It'll be the perfection addition to your next Mexican dinner night!
ingredients
2 (14.5 oz) cans Hunt's stewed tomatoes
1 (4.5 oz) can diced green chiles
1 jalapeno, seeded
1/2 sweet onion, diced
1 clove fresh garlic
1 small lime, juiced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
cilantro to taste
instructions
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
2. Blend together until the salsa is to your desired texture.
3. Serve and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment