7.06.2014

Celebrating 4th of July!

It's tradition for us to spend the 4th of July holiday weekend at the lake, and this year was no different except that we had Mac joining us! We loaded up and headed that way Thursday evening after Clete got of work. It was a great weekend spent with family and friends!

Friday morning Mac woke everyone up and was ready to play at 3AM. It was the first time he had been up during the night in weeks, and I think the 3 hour nap he took on the way Thursday evening was the reasoning for this odd occurrence. After he ate and played a bit, we turned on cartoons and he went back to sleep. We then slept a while and once everyone was up Dad made his usual lake breakfast- eggs, biscuits & gravy, and sausage. After breakfast we got around and headed out to the water. My mom and Mac stayed inside Friday, but Honey spent the day out on the boat with us. She had a blast being "the only child" for the day. Ha.

Late afternoon we headed in to grill burgers and get changed before heading back out for fireworks that evening. Mac went to his first firework show, but passed out right before the big show started. 9PM is bedtime, and staying up past 9:30 to watch fireworks just didn't work out this year. 

Saturday we slept in late, then got up and all headed out to the water. Mac loved the boat, and was a trooper! I think next year we will have a little fish as much as he likes the water and to be outside. 

After dinner Saturday evening, we hit the road to come back home. We wanted to have Sunday at home to get things done since I go back to work this week. 

Tomorrow starts a new chapter. I return to work, and start life as a mom with a career. It's very bittersweet {as I sit here with tears in my eyes}. I am looking forward to getting back into a more normal routine, and also looking forward to being around adults. I work with a great group of people, and I know they'll help me get through the first few days of adjusting. I know this week will be an adjustment period, but I'm certain we will all adjust fine! 

It was a great weekend! No better way to end my maternity leave, lots of family time and soaking up sunshine. I'm closing this short little chapter, and tomorrow begins a new one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment